A morning by the beach

February 09, 2016

Home.

It's a place where I have all the time in the world to just lie down and dream. Like the old days, during my childhood. I dreamt a lot you know. Sometimes I think myself as a dreamer. I've got this habit of constantly reminiscing memories, mostly the good ones. They all make me content, ecstatic and grateful. And weird enough, my brain seems to like this exercise a lot. It's perfectly wired for this job every single day. Wherever I go, I would be telling stories about my home to my colleagues, housemates, clients, every other person I've met. I might have bored anyone (sorry for that). It's just that I'm deeply attached to my home. You like it a lot that you can't seem to have enough of it.

Therefore, being home feels complete. You've got these souls you've lived with since you were born till you've become who you are today. Their presence are imprinted in your memories. Can you imagine living without a portion of them in your mind? It's like being in The Truman Show, everything is a faux - you're a faux. You are just you, alone. It's sad and painful.

I would spare most of my work leaves to just go home. I don't really plan of going for a vacation somewhere else because...why? At home you've got beautiful and delicious dishes to eat, kind-hearted souls who love you and care for you no matter what, numbers of places to revisit and revisit and never tired of revisiting. 

It's always the same routine when I got home. Except it never felt like a routine. 

One of the most usual places I would go to is Pantai Teluk Ketapang. In one part of my childhood, we lived in a staff quarters of a local clinic around its corner. During some of the weekends, we would climb over the gate and go to the beach in early morning and swam in it. We would go home before the sun is up our head, so that we won't be sun-burned.

This time around we went there again - just my mum and I. We might have aged but the memory will stay with us a lifetime. Another thing my mum always says is that we would get pahala if we look at the ocean. The vastness reminds us of the His greatness.  
Narrated by Aishah that the Prophet said: Looking at the three things is worship. Seeing the faces of parents, seeing the Quran and seeing the ocean." - (Reported by Abu Nuaim) and added to the "Looking at Ka'abah". (Reported by Abu Dawud)
I've captured some photos when we were there:

Cat, dog, or pig's? I can't tell.

Sea sponge I believe. It's everywhere on the sand.

My mum. I want to be like her someday.


Overlooking the other side of Terengganu. The busy end.


Contouring of sea shells.


Crab hole.

Another pattern formed on the sand.

Crab hole and a dead crab. How ironic.



People threw various things into the ocean. One of it being this. Imagine parts of it were eaten by sea creatures? God knows what have become of them now.


The chaos.

The froth.

And it calms. The same cycle repeats again. 




By the time we were here, the sun began to rise and shine. From where we were, we could see the sun flaring the sea water and it formed a reflection. It was extremely grand and majestic. Such entrance I don't get to see everyday. 


Here comes the calm blue sea. Sun shine made it possible to view the sea hues. Brilliant force of nature.


Morning glory. It all makes sense now.



Pantai Teluk Ketapang, Kuala Terengganu
Canon EOS 550D + Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II + ISO 100 / 200

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Speak now or forever hold your peace.

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe