Let’s be honest, EVERYBODY loves shopping online nowadays. Heck, even my mum shops online ever since we got the Internet installed on her lot (which could be a pretty serious problem - she spends too much time wandering around on the Net, ha!). Really, there's no excuse for anybody to avoid shopping online as there are many reasons in the world to do so. This is true especially for busy supermoms who are working and at the same time have to juggle her schedule between family and work. Some of them agreed that managing both fields can be tiring with so much pressure on.
With wider and better Internet coverage, shopping online has been made even harder to resist. Online shops are springing up like mushrooms, offering their best deals in town. Irresistible bargains, secure shopping, and fast shipping - these are what online shopping has got to offer us. Not to mention even returns are pretty much easy to be made online, of course if you shop on the right online shopping website. In this modern world, shopping has never been easier or more convenient for us like today (and thank God for that!).
As an avid online shopper myself, I do feel it is very important for us to keep in mind that there are bad guys a.k.a online sellers lay in wait to trick us. But hey, chill out, stats regarding those guys somewhat alarming but should not keep us from enjoying our online shopping (slash guilty pleasure, ahem). Simply follow the most basic guidelines to shop online securely and we are good to go!
Let’s see five guidelines for shopping online Malaysia that are crucial for us to know before we start shopping online:
- Remember to only use familiar websites that you know and trust. Do not solely trust on search engines because search results can be rigged to lead you to sites that are not secure just created to rip you off.
- ALWAYS look for the lock symbol. IMPORTANT! Never buy anything online using your credit or debit card from a site that doesn't have the locked padlock icon.
Padlock icon symbolising a secure web transaction
- Do no tell all. Online shopping websites should not ask for your FB password or your birthday to do business.
- Be sure to constantly look and check your bank statements to ensure there is no any fraudulent charges and do this regularly to keep your account safe.
- Protect your PC, laptop or mobile device against malware by keeping the anti-virus program always up-to-date.
That’s all about it guys!